Saturday, August 13, 2011

"...one new man..." (Ephesians 2:15)

We hear about certain things that happened in history or that happen around the world but sometimes they don't seem real until they actually happen to us. Racism is something I have heard about all of my life. I have ONLY heard about it. Yesterday, for the first time, I experienced it. My skin color was a VERY BIG PROBLEM for this random dude and he made sure I knew this.

The only affect this had on me is an appreciation of morning revival, enjoying the Lord, and being in the church life. Morning revival and enjoying the Lord allow us to be saturated and infused with Christ continually, which is awesome because then He can express Himself through us. OKAY the church life. When I am with the saints Colossians 3:11 IS a reality: "Where there cannot be Greek and Jew, circumcision and uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free man, but Christ is all and in all." When I am with the saints, race/color is irrelevant. I only see Christ as the one new man (Eph 2:15) So when this man came at me with this racist talk, innerwardly I was like "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??" Seriously!! It did not faze me at all because I was enjoying the Lord and I realized that I am apart of this one new man.

My flesh kept whispering to me "Jye, now this man just told you to go back to Africa, called you out of your name, he is yelling at you, and he doesn't like your skin color." Dear flesh, JESUS IS SO LORD!!

After walking off I happily went back into the meeting hall where all of the saints were and continued enjoying that Christ is the one new man and that this is a reality in the church/body life.

P.S. Lord Jesus what about this man? Save this man Lord!!!


4 comments:

  1. haha amen! That's right flesh, Jesus IS Lord! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Dear flesh, JESUS IS SO LORD! Thanks for this post, Jye. Lately, I have been experiencing many battles between my flesh and my spirit. BUT, flesh, JESUS IS LORD! As you said, If we enjoy the Lord and take time to absorb Him, the mingled spirit with the Spirit wins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus is Lord indeed! Thank you for sharing, Jye. Imagine if everyone of us on this earth is enjoying Christ just like you did, there will be no problem whatsoever in this world. I've been learning that the greatest service you can do for humanity in general is just to enjoy Christ to the uttermost with all the members of the Body of Christ. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Lord. Save this man! Bring Him into the realm where there is no black, no white; no anglo, no hispanic, But Christ Is All and In All.

    If it is ok to link to your blog, please reply anywhere on newjerusalem12.wordpress.com.

    Grace to you and your companions.
    Don

    ReplyDelete