Tuesday, August 9, 2011

SLAPPED Back into Reality

So after rethinking my entire class schedule for this Fall Semester, I decided to simply write my current thoughts. I praise the Lord that my goal in life is not school or a career. But my goal in life is to be filled with God and be built up and into the church ultimately fulfilling God's desire. When I tell this to myself and Satan, all anxieties flee away and I am filled with joy.

(NOTE: This blog is in no way wrote/formatted in a professional way. Punctuation, maybe even spelling, is off.)

I am so excited about this Fall semester. Why? Well..... This summer, I feel like I was slapped across the face with reality. Life is short. College is short. Looking back at last semester...WHAT WAS I EVEN DOING??? Wasting soooooo much time on things that don't even matter!!! But, you know, it is a huge blessing to know in a subjective way "WARNING!! DON'T TOUCH THAT FIRE, YOU WILL BE BURNED." The Lord is faithful to break us and correct us but He always supplies and strengthens us with Himself. Even though I have many other lessons to learn, I've learned a few lessons this summer. And ohhhh how I want to cooperate with the Lord so that He can fully use me whenever and wherever He needs. To sum this up "Count the cost. Pay the price. Live a life of no regret."

"And the God of peace sanctify you wholly, and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is He who calls you, who also will do it." (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24)

1 comment:

  1. amen! yes definitely jyesha, i'm also glad the Lord gave me another year here to learn how to be useful for Him even more :)

    ReplyDelete